This statement relates to Farnham Estate Spa & Golf Resort privacy practices in connection with this website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable.
Farnham Estate Spa & Golf Resort fully respects your right to privacy, and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear permission. Any personal information which you voluntarily provid to Farnham Estate Spa & Golf Resort will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality.
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Farnham Estate Spa & Golf Resort collects various personal and technical information about you on this website.
· Personal information: Information that you provide by completing forms on our website, such as registering for our newsletter or making a purchase, which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, preferences for your stay. Please note that we have the ability to retain your contact details should you input them on our website using Guestfolio & Opera, even if you do not complete your registration/transaction/quote by clicking submit. Such contact details may be used to contact you to assist with your registration/transaction. Information you enter into our booking forms may be collected and stored briefly so that we can contact you in relation to the nature of your enquiry/attempted transaction, even if you don’t confirm the transaction. This may be used to send operational emails to enquire as to why the transaction was not completed. We will use this data for marketing purposes.
· Technical information: When you visit our website, we may also collect certain information, like your IP address, or browser, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and click stream data which shows the traffic of your visit around this web site (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded). We also collect the previous website address from which you reached us and the domain name used (for example .i.e., .com, .org, .net) If you’re using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Why Farnham Estate Spa & Golf Resort collects your data?
· Bookings: We use your personal information to administer your online booking.
· Guest reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you to write a review after your stay.
· Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, such as email campaigns.
· Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us.
· Market research: We may ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will only be used with your consent.
· Fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
· Improving our services: We use personal information for analytical purposes to improve our services, enhance the user experience, and improve the functionality and quality of our services.
o When you make a reservation with us, you will receive a booking confirmation by email, we will also send our customers regular informative newsletters by email. You can unsubscribe from marketing communication at any time.
o If you have provided us with your email address at some point over the past 12 months we might use this email address to target you with specific offers on facebook or other social media sites that allow retargeting services.
o When you use our facilities (eg. Health Spa/Golf Course) you might be asked for your contact details. We send regular texts by SMS. You can opt out, from this SMS service at any time.
How does Farnham Estate Spa & Golf Resort use guest reviews you share with us?
After your stay with us you’ll be invited to submit a guest review, which may ask for information about the property, the surrounding areas, and the destination. By completing a guest review, you’re agreeing that it can be displayed on, for example, our websites, in our social media accounts; to inform other travellers about the quality and services of the hotel.
Farnham Estate Spa & Golf Resort uses a range of third parties to provide services – either directly or indirectly. Where relevant, these companies are required to comply with our data privacy and information security standards when handling personal data and we aim that they do not compromise your personal data and information. We may share your personal data and information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is authorised by law or is necessary to protect your personal safety. Such disclosure may include cross-border transfer of Personal data and information. If legally compelled to disclose your information to a third party, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you in advance of a disclosure unless legally prohibited.
We do not store any personal data in the cookies that we use. Additionally, all our cookie data is encrypted to prevent third parties from accessing the information they contain.
The technical information will be used by Farnham Estate Spa & Golf Resort and only for statistical and other administrative purposes.
You should note that technical details, which we cannot associate with any identifiable individual, do not constitute “personal data” for the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the Irish Data Protection Acts,
RIGHT OF ACCESS, RECTIFICATION AND ERASURE
If you have given your personal data and information to us, you have the right to ask us to advise you of the scope of information Farnham Estate Spa & Golf Resort processes about you, the purpose and nature of the processing, and information on who we share it with. You can also request to update, correct, or delete it at any time. However, we may need to retain certain information for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping or to detect fraudulent activities. If you are concerned about potential violation of your privacy rights, please advise us of your concerns and we will strive to resolve them as soon as practically possible.