We retain two types of information
This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, address, email address, user IP addresses in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or anonymised, telephone number, birth date, billing and credit card information. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
Purposes for which we hold your information
We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
We will process any personal data you provide to us for the following purposes:
(a) To provide you with the goods or services you have booked or ordered.
(b) To contact you if required in connection with your order or to respond to any communications you might send to us.
(c) To send you further information about goods or services that you buy from us.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We may provide non-personal data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our website. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our website, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our website, or the activities that visitors to our website engage in while on our website. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfil your order (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements). We will disclose your personal data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirements.
Sale of Business
Your personal data is held on secure servers hosted by [our Internet Service Provider]. The nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the internet. No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your personal data.
Updating, Verifying and Deleting Personal Data
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2002 we will update or delete your personal data accordingly. To find out what Personal Data we hold on you or to have your Personal Data updated, amended or removed from our database, please email us with a request to the email address at the foot of this site. Any such data subject requests may be subject to the prescribed fee.
This statement relates to Farnham Estate Spa & Golf Resort privacy practices in connection with this website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable.
Farnham Estate Spa & Golf Resort fully respects your right to privacy, and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear permission. Any personal information which you voluntarily provided to Farnham Estate Spa & Golf Resort will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality.
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Farnham Estate Spa & Golf Resort collects various personal and technical information about you on this website.
· Personal information: Information that you provide by completing forms on our website, such as registering for our newsletter or making a purchase, which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, preferences for your stay. Please note that we have the ability to retain your contact details should you input them on our website Guestfolio & Opera, even if you do not complete your registration/transaction/quote by clicking submit. Such contact details may be used to contact you to assist with your registration/transaction. Information you enter into our booking forms may be collected and stored briefly so that we can contact you in relation to the nature of your enquiry/attempted transaction, even if you don’t confirm the transaction. This may be used to send operational emails to enquire as to why the transaction was not completed. We will use this data for marketing purposes.
· Technical information: When you visit our website, we may also collect certain information, like your IP address, or browser, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and click stream data which shows the traffic of your visit around this web site (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded). We also collect the previous website address from which you reached us and the domain name used (for example .i.e., .com, .org, .net) If you’re using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Why Farnham Estate Spa & Golf Resort collects your data?
· Bookings: We use your personal information to administer your online booking.
· Guest reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you to write a review after your stay.
· Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, such as email campaigns.
· Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us.
· Market research: We may ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will only be used with your consent.
· Fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
· Improving our services: We use personal information for analytical purposes to improve our services, enhance the user experience, and improve the functionality and quality of our services.
o When you make a reservation with us, you will receive a booking confirmation by email, we will also send our customers regular informative newsletters by email. You can unsubscribe from marketing communication at any time.
o If you have provided us with your email address at some point over the past 12 months we might use this email address to target you with specific offers on facebook or other social media sites that allow retargeting services.
o When you use our facilities (eg. Health Spa/Golf Course) you might be asked for your contact details. We send regular texts by SMS. You can opt out, from this SMS service at any time.
How does Farnham Estate Spa & Golf Resort use guest reviews you share with us?
After your stay with us you’ll be invited to submit a guest review, which may ask for information about the property, the surrounding areas, and the destination. By completing a guest review, you’re agreeing that it can be displayed on, for example, our websites, in our social media accounts; to inform other travellers about the quality and services of the hotel.
Farnham Estate Spa & Golf Resort uses a range of third parties to provide services – either directly or indirectly. Where relevant, these companies are required to comply with our data privacy and information security standards when handling personal data and we aim that they do not compromise your personal data and information. We may share your personal data and information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is authorised by law or is necessary to protect your personal safety. Such disclosure may include cross-border transfer of Personal data and information. If legally compelled to disclose your information to a third party, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you in advance of a disclosure unless legally prohibited.
We do not store any personal data in the cookies that we use. Additionally, all our cookie data is encrypted to prevent third parties from accessing the information they contain.
The technical information will be used by Farnham Estate Spa & Golf Resort and only for statistical and other administrative purposes.
You should note that technical details, which we cannot associate with any identifiable individual, do not constitute “personal data” for the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the Irish Data Protection Acts,
RIGHT OF ACCESS, RECTIFICATION AND ERASURE
If you have given your personal data and information to us, you have the right to ask us to advise you of the scope of information Farnham Estate Spa & Golf Resort processes about you, the purpose and nature of the processing, and information on who we share it with. You can also request to update, correct, or delete it at any time. However, we may need to retain certain information for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping or to detect fraudulent activities. If you are concerned about potential violation of your privacy rights, please advise us of your concerns and we will strive to resolve them as soon as practically possible.